Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 Favorites

2013 was a year of new beauty finds.  Most of them are not new to the beauty world but new finds to me.  I still use all my holy grail beauty products, these have just been added to the vast collection.



NARS Super Orgasm blush £21.50*





NARS Super Orgasm is my day to day blusher. Great for the girl on the go, the gold shimmer adds just the right amount of highlight to the cheekbones and the peachy-pink colour adds the perfect flushed look.



Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner in Infinity £18.00*




For many years I religiously bought MAC Blacktrack Fluidline.  However, I hated the fact it dried out so quickly, I never got to finish a full pot before it had dried out and I needed to replace it.  A friend of mine recommended the Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner and I have fallen in love with it. Its best used with a MAC #210 fine liner brush. Lasts all day and night and you will still need to use eye makeup remover.




 Mac eye shadow in Coquette £10.00*





Coquette is my most used eye-shadow of 2013. I use it to fill in my eyebrows and it is the perfect crease colour for my skin tone.  I currently have ginger hair and its the perfect brown to fill in my eyebrows, this paired with the Rimmel eyebrow pencil in brown creates a perfect strong brow.




Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in nude £3.99*




This is my secret weapon for tired or hungover eyes.  I used to use white eyeliner in my inner waterline to cancel out the redness but this works so much better and look more natural.  It lasts all day and is easy to apply and very smooth.  I've even used this eyeliner to cover dry acne, the creamy consistency is the perfect base for your concealer on the acne.



 Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Black £6.00*





I received the eyeliner in a magazine during 2013 and I fell in love with it as soon as I tested it on my hand.  I have very sensitive eyes and it takes me a while to find the perfect intense eyeliner.  This is the blackest pencil eyeliner I have ever tried and it lasts for 12 hours and I still needed to use eye makeup remover.  This truly is the best eyeliner I have ever used and I will recommend it to anyone. 




 Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara £12.95*





2013 was the year of mascaras for me, I tried so many and so many failed to live up to my expectations.  For most part of the year I was using Benefit they're real, but I felt like it dried out too quickly and after a few hours wear my eyes would become itchy and sore.  I have seen so many Youtubers rave about Physicians Formula and I finally got my hands on the mascara and It is just like the Benefit, but it doesn't make my eyes sore.  If you are looking for a Benefit dupe this is it. 



 MUA Undress your Skin Highlighting Powder £3.00*





I have never been a fan of highlighters till June this year when I purchased MAC Soft and Gentle.  Ever since then I've used some sort of highlighter daily.  I was looking for a rose gold highlighter and I stumbled across this on Superdrugs website and I had to try it.  This is my go to highlighter, I can guarantee it will go with every makeup look I do, plus it actually makes me look like I have cheekbones.


These are just a few of my favorites of 2013, I do have many more, if any of you are interested please let me know. 

I hope everyone has a good 2014 and let there be lots of new beauty finds.

*All prices were found on the internet 




No comments:

Post a Comment