Thursday 16 January 2014

My Essential Makeup Brushes


These may seem like a lot of make-up brushes just for day to day use but they make my routine a lot easier and quicker. I never really understood people who had an obsession/addiction to buying make-up brushes until now.  I was always the type of person who used their fingers, I stopped using my fingers when I found out that when you apply product with your fingers, the natural oils on them can change the products colour and consistency.

As you can see I  store my most used brushes in the large skurar plant pot from Ikea, which seems to be the popular choice, from what I have seen on Instagram.  
Real Techniques Powder Brush

I use this large fluffy brush for setting liquid foundation with a light dusting of transparent powder, my current favourite is Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder.  You are guaranteed a flawless finish with this brush, I have no complaints and I am considering buying another to add to my collection.


Real Techniques Brow Brush

I use this to create my trademark defined brows.  The slanted edge makes it easy to enhance my eyebrows and create the perfect arch. I either use Illamasqua Brow Cake in Peek or MAC eye shadow in Coquette.


Real Techniques Blush Brush

The large synthetic bristles pick up just the right amount of product to create the perfect flushed look without the harsh lines.  If you are a make-up beginner or you are heavy handed I recommend this brush for you 


Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush

This brush is made for blending eye shadows in the crease but I find the head too large and dense for blending.  I mostly use this brush for concealer blending or nose contorting, I find it perfect size to do these tasks and I think Real Techniques should sell this product on its own because I would love definitely buy more.


Real Techniques Buffing Brush

The densely bristles makes this brush the perfect multi-tasking brush that can be used to apply all types of foundation, blending out harsh lines from blusher and/or bronzer and much more.  

Maange 859 Spoolie

You may think adding a spoolie to my top 10 brushes but this process is a must to keep my little beauties under control.  I particularly love this one because of the long handle and it was super cheap.

Maange 861 Lip Brush (MAC 210 dupe)

Winged eyeliner is a must for any make-up look for me and I've always struggled to find the perfect brush until I came across this little beauty.  The bristles are firm and holds it's shape.  It is identical to the MAC 210 but at a fraction of the cost, I will definitely repurchase this brush.



Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush 

Yet another Real Techniques brush, can you tell I'm a fan? I find this brush perfect for blending, the fluffy tapered bristles make blending cream or powder products effortless.



What are you essential make-up brushes and why?




No comments:

Post a Comment