Friday 27 June 2014

Splash of Colour ♥

Summer has officially started!! which means one thing and one thing only, colour and lots of it!! I rarely wear colourful clothing so I express myself with my make-up most of the time, now we are in summer I have begun to express myself a little more than usual.

No matter what you are wearing you can add a pop of colour to your make-up. It can be anything from a bright winged liner instead of the normal black/brown eye liner, neon eye shadows, bright lips or cheeks.  It may seem to be daunting to add such a bright colour to your face but when it is done correctly it can look amazing.  


I started off adding brightly coloured eye liners on my bottom waterline and smudging it out, it creates a lovely smoky effect and a pop of colour.  

My current favourite waterline eye liners are;
GOSH velvet touch eye liner in Sky High*
GOSH velvet touch eye liner in Purple Stain* 
MUA intense colour eye liner in Turquoise*
MUA intense glitter eye liner in Jade Jewel*
*can be found at superdrug

I have also been using my much loved Rimmel Scandal Eyes khol eye liner in Nude as a base and applying eye shadow on top. 


Bright colours can be daunting but try creating a bright smoky eye, the jet black cut crease and false lashes make the colours pop.  Start off with a colour what compliments your eye colour/hair colour and when you are more comfortable you can add the rainbow.  When using bright colours be careful with reds and oranges they can bring out the redness and tiredness in your eyes, try using a nude or a black eye liner in the inner waterline to prevent this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment